Dating after being with someone for so long can be a bit scary and challenging. You might get that feeling of fear because you don't want to date someone who might end up worse than your ex or someone who might not exceed your expectations. Trust me, I get it.
I was in a relationship for 7 years. I never experienced the "dating phase" that every person talks about. I was young and very unaware of how important dating is when you're looking to be with the right person. However, I am no longer in that space and so far, my dating experience has been very interesting.
Do you guys believe in dating with a purpose? or you all are just out there wasting people's time and energy?
I do not like to waste people's time because I would not like for someone else to do that to me. In fact, I date with a purpose. The average woman dates with a purpose as well. What is the point of getting to know someone and go on dates when you have no desire or plans to be with them? It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Here's a few things I've learned while dating:
1. Start doing things that make YOU happy: What makes you happy? Every time I ask folks this question they don't even know what to respond because they have been so busy taking care of other's and forget about themselves. Start by making a list of things that you love to do and start doing them.
2. It's okay to walk away: if you can't be yourself with the person you're dating it is okay to let them go. Don't spend an extra day trying to fit in just to impress them because in the end it will turn out bad for both parties.
3. Dating should be fun: If it's stressing you out, that's not a good sign. Learn to pay attention to the red flags in the dating stage, these are the signs that tell you how that person is in a committed relationship. Have fun, create amazing memories and laugh a lot.
4. Know that your future mate will come to you, but in a highly unexpected package!
Don’t rule out someone who is a little taller, shorter, skinner, heavier, a different color, older or younger than you “think” is your type. You should be attracted to the person, as that is so important for the long term!
5.Be patient: Dating is a process. Don't rush it, enjoy every moment and get to know the person as much as you can.
6. Have deep conversations: Having those deep conversations will help understand the person you're dealing with on a deeper level and this is major key. If you guys can't talk about anything other than " what is your favorite color" then, that is a red flag.
7. The Bible App: I highly recommend you to download the bible app and read their dating plans. They have so many and they are very helpful; it's just a guide which helps you understand dating from a spiritual level and how God intends it to be. This is more for those who have been dating for a while and are trying to take their dating life to the next level.
What is your dating experience has been like? Let me know in the comments below.